Thursday, July 16, 2009

Wikis

I have to say that creating my Wiki was very easy. The URL for my wiki is: http://mansersapush.pbworks.com/

The best way to use the Wiki for my AP US History class would be to ask my students to create pages for the 1000 or so terms that they need to know for the AP exam. This way they could add to each other's definitions and create links between the pages so that they can learn better how different historical events are interconnected. This activity would definitely meet the Communication and Collaboration standard as well as the Problem Solving, Critical Thinking, and Decision Making standard for NETS-S since my students would be working with each other to answer questions about the most important historical events and persons in American history.

In terms of my own wiki experiences I have used Wikipedia a lot of the past few years, but I had never checked the history. I searched Ronald Reagan and saw that his page had been changed 5 times today!! I was really surprised at how much his page is changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment